Security Operations Supervisor Eagle Mountain, Utah Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Operations SupervisorLocation: Eagle Mountain, Utah | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 14 Jan 2021 | Closes: 14 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L4016102/203856
300 dollar sign-on bonus!! 100 dollar referral bonus!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Operations Supervisor (SOS). The Security Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of the Data Center Security Team (DCST). The SOS is accountable for ensuring that the DCST carry out and fulfil all specified tasks as issued through the site Security Operations Manager (SOM). The SOS will actively monitor, review and record daily performance of all security teams, identifying areas for improved operational effectiveness and staff engagement.
This position leads, coaches and develops a team of Uniformed Security Specialists, and will deliver daily outcomes and successful completion of assigned security activities each day. The Supervisor partners with site leadership and employees to support any operational issues and prepare for potential incidents.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
** $300 sign-on and $100 referral bonuses payable after 90 and 30 days of continuous employment, respectively. Bonus amounts are subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings. **
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Drive the development of an excellent security culture, leading by example, setting standards (dress, deportment etc.), whilst displaying passion and enthusiasm for the role
- Issue site security management with operational reports as requested or on a routine basis
- Track and provide a daily and weekly shift updates to SOM, including significant operational events and requirements, team meetings, communications, logistics, DCST officer interviews conducted, and training completed
- Lead and support the security team during all operations, incident escalation and response
- Ensure all security posts are manned in line with the global standards guarding model
- Ensure that vendor Post Orders (POs) are carried out to the highest standard, ensuring that the requirements as outlined in client POs are adhered to
- Ensure that all incidents, emergencies, and site issues (welfare, logistics, comms, EH&S etc.) are reported, escalated, and managed in compliance with Facebook global standards
- Ensure collaboration occurs with the site TC, providing up to date initiatives that are premised on a training needs analysis.
- Oversee a functioning documented shift handover process verbally and via email for operational effectiveness; utilize a shared documentation management system
- Oversee a functioning, documented post-handover at the Guardhouse, Reception, and SOC; ensure that any operational observations that are identified are actioned and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Act as a conduit between site security management and the DCST when required
- Oversee uniformed security personnel as per global standards
- Be prepared to provide support and relief to posts where required
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable state licensing requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in protective service related field
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- A minimum of two (2) years of verifiable private/corporate security experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of verifiable experience in a customer service, team focused occupation with a heavy emphasis on general public and/or employee interaction such as Retail. Finance/Banking, Call Center/Help Desk, and Hospitality
- Work history must demonstrate each of the following:
- Experience leading a team
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- integrity and is committed to upholding ethics and organizational values
- Strong organization and planning skills, ability to instruct and delegate work
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be trained to an Operator level within a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures
Major activity: Sitting, standing, speaking listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Sitting, and standing. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Uniformed Security Specialist
Location: Eagle Mountain, Utah
Apply now Security Analyst
Location: Provo, Utah
Apply now Workforce Management Data Analyst
Location: Orem, Utah
Apply now Global Security Operations Center Operator
Location: Provo, Utah
Apply now Call Center Technical Support Representative
Location: Orem, UT