Security Operations Manager DeKalb, Illinois Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Operations ManagerLocation: DeKalb, Illinois | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 28 Apr 2021 | Closes: 28 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/209893
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Operations Manager. As a Security Operations Manager, you will act as the G4S embedded liaison with the client and will be the G4S leader on site, responsible for the standardization of operations for the assigned client location(s) in alignment with approved protocols and processes. The SOM will also coordinate security services, provide exceptional customer service, effectively manage the security force, contain costs, ensure contract compliance, adhere o established site security procedures, drive operational accountability through effective change management and drive overall team and individual development through training opportunities and available educational resources.
The SOM is responsible for managing and developing the onsite security team. The SOM will lead the security team through daily operations and all incident escalations. The SOM partners and supports site based global security leadership to ensure all identified client security needs are addressed.
The Security Operations Manager will provide detailed periodic reports, per contract, to both client and G4S management while establishing methodology to collect all pertinent metrics and data points. The SOM will lead through example and will be held to highest standards.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversight and mentoring of all Supervisors and Security Personnel
- Evaluation of contract performance and compliance (Service Level Agreements)
- Development and updating of site post orders
- Training of current and new employees to contract standards. Inspection of security personnel, measuring competency, appearance and morale
- Identify performance shortcomings of Site Supervisors and Security Personnel then develop and implement process or program solutions to address shortcomings
- Develop and implement goals / objectives for direct reports. Conduct employee evaluations, provide meaningful and specific feedback, jointly develop potential career pathways for next generation leaders
- Maintain open, timely and accurate communication between client, G4S Strategic Account Manager, and local G4S Office
- Daily review of staffing levels ensuring compliance with manpower requirements of the assigned sites and maintain staffing report for all locations
- Ensure the proper and timely handling of all incidents regarding all aspects of security for the facility
- Projecting future staffing in preparation for site growth and budget impacts
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess an Associate degree (or 60 credits) or higher in Business, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, International Studies, National Security, Communications, or a related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary state or federal licensing requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience managing or supervising a security team in either a corporate or public sector environment
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years security industry experience, preferably to include working within a data enter environment
- Work history must include each of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and modify a security program
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in an environment with little to no direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; walking
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include long periods of standing, bending, interior and exterior patrolling, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
f you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Dekalb, Illinois
Apply now Uniformed Security Specialist
Location: Dekalb, Illinois
Apply now Security Supervisor - Site - Upscale
Location: Carol Stream, Illinois
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Apply now Security Officer - Traditional
Location: Carol Stream, Illinois