Security Operations Manager Madison, Alabama Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Operations ManagerLocation: Madison, Alabama | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 12 Mar 2021 | Closes: 31 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/207206
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Operations Manager. The Security Operations Manager is responsible for administering the security contract and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements. This position will act as the company liaison with client, law enforcement agencies, customers, and employees. This position is also responsible for providing management oversight and driving operational accountability through effective change management and leadership development processes.
This position is the primary point of contact for Human Resources functions involving company employees. The Security Operations Manager supports the client through project planning and coordination to meet commitments on time and within resource limitations. This position determines requirements, establishes priorities, and monitors service delivery.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Maintains responsibility for General Operations leadership; create, update and review post orders and make recommendations to client representatives when updates and/or changes should be considered; review daily log reports and provide pass down information to site operations as required; responsible for officers meeting company standards pertaining to quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Evaluates project status and resource utilization; implements changes as needed; reviews status reports prepared by G4S Site Security Operations Manager/designated security personnel and modifies schedules or plans
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; provides support during client service level changes; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders
- Assists G4S Site Security management in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development, and retention of high caliber staff, acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs project related work; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities
- Assists in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned account
- Assists G4S Site Security management in maintaining a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Within scope of client contract, budget and assigned duties, authorizes appropriate expenditures, including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained
- Reviews Security Management/Officer site reports to verify that post orders and client directions have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects posts as part of the evaluation of the security staff.
- Provides input on company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Review alarm system open/close reports, compile exception reports and forward to appropriate client representative
- Conduct and document monthly testing of security systems; follow through on any corrections/maintenance issues.
- Administer G4S Safety Program; semi-annually review and revise (if necessary) the security portion of the MTM Emergency Response Plan
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the ability to obtain and maintain all necessary state or federal licensing requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory capacity in either Security, Law enforcement, or Military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be available to respond 24 hours a day 7 days a week in the event of an emergency or other situation
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with senior leadership
- Must be able to effectively maintain liaison with local police, fire, and EMS officials
- Must maintain a thorough working knowledge of all Emergency Response Plans and Procedures and lead response
- Must have a working knowledge of Incident Command and the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Fire Security Specialist
Location: Madison, Alabama
Apply now Communications Officer
Location: Madison, Alabama
Apply now Shift Supervisor
Location: Madison, Alabama
Apply now Armed Shift Supervisor
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Apply now Training Manager
Location: Madison, Alabama