Security Operations Manager Sacramento, California $60000
Security Operations ManagerLocation: Sacramento, California | Salary: $60000 | Posted: 21 Dec 2020 | Closes: 21 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/202608
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for anOperations Manager. The Operations Manager will assist the Security Account Manager by overseeing the day to day security operations. This person will be required to organize, schedule, and coordinate all aspects of a 24 hour a day Security Operation as well as interface with client/site management to discuss security services provided, identify problem areas, provide advice/recommendations for solutions and take corrective action where needed.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Secondary liaison between G4S Secure Solutions USA and client senior management
- General Operations management; review post orders and make recommendations to corporate security when updates should be considered; review daily log reports and provide pass downs as required; responsible for officers meeting company standards pertaining to quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all company policies and procedures including worldwide business standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI); conduct required/dedicated site assessments to ensure client’s compliance and provide recommendation on operations, policy and technology applications to plant management
- General Human Resources management; participate in selection and placement, conduct performance reviews, manage attendance, and conflict resolution; scheduling; as required; manage the selection, orientation, training/development and retention of high caliber staff
- Provide monthly report to the facilities and corporate security organizations detailing all pertinent activities that have occurred in the previous month concerning any security and safety issues
- Administer G4S Safety Program; semi-annual review and revise the security Emergency Response plan; monitor compliance with regulatory and fire prevention requirements and safety items assigned by client
- Conduct monthly conference calls with servicing G4S offices to ensure consistencies in quality of service and provide quarterly reports to client senior management; Interface with Supplier District Management and client; coordinate with other Division/Group/Regional Managers to achieve common goals and objectives; participate in the development of the Strategic Business Units (SBU) business plan and annual budget
- Ensure the correct and consistent administration of Client /Supplier Service Agreement; ensure compliance with all client’s Labor Agreements
- Ensure that client/Group/Regional “Metrics process” and corrective action processes are administered correctly so that risks are adequately identified and protected as required by the Client Security/Fire Manuals
- Provide insight to cross-training officers to make them more versatile
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a management role
- Must have one or more of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible, security related experience
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Work history to include each of the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of security operations, including fire protection, hazardous materials handling, workplace health and safety issues and related
- Proven skills in financial summaries, and human resources administration
- Ability to act in a decisive manner in emergency situations
- Strong managerial skills and the ability to assert oneself
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office with minimal to no extreme temperatures expected.
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Director, Healthcare Operations - ANY LOCATION IN CALIF.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Apply now Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: Sacramento, California
Apply now Armed Security Officer - Bank Protection
Location: Ridgefield, Conneticut
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale - Multiple Site
Location: Sacramento, California
Apply now Communication Specialist - Security Operations Center
Location: Vacaville, California