Security Operations Center ( SOC) Supervisor Nairobi Competitive Market Rate
Security Operations Center ( SOC) SupervisorLocation: Nairobi | Salary: Competitive Market Rate | Posted: 8 Oct 2020 | Closes: 15 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/5086074/198845
Group Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to Security Operations Center (SOC) manager, the shift Supervisor supports the Bank’s Security in managing Security Operations Services.
- Manages and supervises management and daily staff to ensure access control, visitor support, and alarm response and dispatch operations are being executed in full compliance with contract requirements.
- To works in collaboration with the Regional Lead & SOC Managers, and Shift Supervisors to ensure all contract obligations are met.
- Supervises Security Control Center operations to include: Access Control/Response/Circulation Enforcement, Badge Administration, and Common Access Card Administration.
- Ensure all security personnel are properly trained and capable of conducting primary duties at the SOC.
- Provide first response & assessment of emergency situations (First aid, Adult CPR, external defibrillator certifications)
- Conduct security inspections, respond to alarms, incidents and emergencies and provide assistance as required
- Includes all other tasks as in SOC operator’s responsibilities to be provided and managed as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Training or experience in an operations/law enforcement dispatch center preferred.
- Above average computer proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working without direct supervision.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-ask while remaining detail oriented.
- Strong decision-making ability during emergency situations.
- Must be able to speak clearly while providing guidance during emergencies.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal and financial background checks.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and enterprise access control and alarm monitoring systems; previous experience with Lenel OnGuard System is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable about news and current events
- An in-depth knowledge of protective security, fire protection, information security, crisis management, local rules and regulations setup by authorities in Africa and its adherence.
- A thorough understanding of the bank's business and all type permits / licensees
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank business and how to identify and measure risks.
- Project management and presentation skills with the ability to facilitate critical decisions.
- The ability to analyse complex situations and translate these into concise written communication.
- The ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with high degree of initiative.
- Understanding of lease negotiation process
- Effective interpersonal skills, influencing teams and diplomacy to achieve program outcomes
- Intelligent client capability to translate between business and technical objectives
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Jobs that might be of interest:Labour Reporting Administrator
Apply now ICT Administrator
Location: Pretoria Centurion
Apply now Accounts Receivable Clerk - G4S Cash Solutions - Centurion
Apply now Assistant Accountant
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now IT Technical Analyst
Location: Richmond, BC