Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst Trenton, NJ Competitive plus Great Benefits
Security Operations Center (SOC) Security AnalystLocation: Trenton, NJ | Salary: Competitive plus Great Benefits | Posted: 13 May 2021 | Closes: 13 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/710250/210798
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a SOC (Security Operations Center).
The SOC (Security Operations Center) Security Analyst will be assigned to furthering the security mission within the client’s Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC) and Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The SOC Security Analyst is responsible for delivering operations within the GPS control room across all client sites in the respective region. They will work with the client’s leadership to ensure operational best practice to ensure the physical safety and security of our people, buildings, and assets.
The SOC Security Analyst will, under general direction, serve to identify and respond to security incidents, threats and other risks to client’s facilities and employees worldwide. The SOC Security Analyst will also respond to security incidents such as triggering of alarms, intrusion detection, requests for site access, and liaison with emergency services. They will engage with people across the business that require security related support and follow up with inquiries where necessary. They will also analyze, assess and triage reports as appropriate and as directed.
The SOC Security Analyst may be required to assist employees in times of need and will be expected to maintain a broad understanding of geography, current affairs, and current physical security related trends.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working in a similar international control room or SOC. It is essential that they have an ability to maintain good relationships, a good team ethic and are keen to exceed expectations. They will be expected to have an ability to operate with limited supervision and have familiarity with some of the technical principles associated with a modern SOC.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Execute RSOC and GSOC standard operating procedures, operating the SOC, in shift patterns as required
- Provide a high level of service to local and remote client sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of client staff, assets and information
- Monitor operational network video cameras; operate all SOC technologies including network video, access control, etc.
- Coordinate direct action and responses to incidents and alarm activation
- Compile reports for the SOC Shift Manager in order to share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis; provide high quality written and verbal reports as and when required
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and adopt the appropriate approach when dealing with others who may be anxious or distressed
- Taking telephone enquiries; maintain accurate logs of events
- Actively monitor and respond to critical systems alarms such as physical security systems alarms, fire panels, etc.
- Deliver world-class Global Security services by understanding and working closely with technical security implementations and incident management programs
- Serve as an initial point of contact in emergency situations which may affect the health and safety of employees
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external responders during critical incidents
- Foster cross organizational relationships to encourage risk information sharing across the business
- Provide exceptional customer service by anticipating needs, offering suggestions, and exceeding expectations
- Monitor several screens, systems, and events simultaneously, with the ability to shift priorities as needed
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of security operations experience or previous experience working in a Global Security, Command, or similar 24x7 operations center environment
- Must possess experience in basic security analysis, problem solving, handling preliminary inquiries, incident assessment, and triaging reports
- Work experience must demonstrate each of the following:
- high proficiency in using IT applications, data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills to a speed of at least 25wpm with at least 75% accuracy
- Basic knowledge of some technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN
- Basic working knowledge of data protection policies such as GDPR and the need to keep sensitive information secure
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and respond to incidents, particularly in emergencies, in a professional, resilient and timely manner with minimal supervision where appropriate
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess the ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Must possess excellent verbal/writing skills
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting. Telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Jarvis, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now HQR TEST JOB FOR TRAINING - 6 - DO NOT APPLY - not an actual open position
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Hagersville, ON