Security Operations Center Operator Mountain View, California $20.00
Security Operations Center OperatorLocation: Mountain View, California | Salary: $20.00 | Posted: 6 Oct 2020 | Closes: 6 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/198713
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Operations Center Operator.
The Global Security Operations Center is a 24/7 operation which provides a a critical support function in ensuring the safety and security of personnel and assets throughout the world by leveraging intelligence from several systems and technology databases that provide advanced correlation and analysis capabilities to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents to the security and safety team. The operator serves as the main point of contact for the intake and escalation of all issues as reported by employees, contractors, and outside agencies. This position monitors all worldwide events, (access control, alarm, CCTV, social media, news, etc.) in real-time, assesses the real or potential impact upon client persons, property, or assets, and provides accurate and timely notification of these threats to all appropriate persons.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed
- Manage communications for emergency and non-emergency calls-for-service, to include handling radio dispatch, phone, and email workstations
- Dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations
- Notify, assist, and direct external emergency personnel and internal Emergency Response Team as necessary
- Monitor email inboxes, work order service requests and all communications devices; prioritize and process incoming information according to procedure
- Support the world wide badging function as requested
- Ensure the Shift Supervisor, SOC Program Manager and appropriate security management is apprised of all significant and unusual global events in real-time, and documentation is maintained
- Investigate global incidents and create accurate and timely incident reports, escalating to the appropriate persons as necessary
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned
- Acts on all customer service related calls and either resolves them personally or refers issues to the appropriate individuals
- Manages information flow to and from incident
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Officer License issued by the State of California
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years professional security operations experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Ability to research, investigate, compile information
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating skills
- Skilled in synthesizing facts, concepts, principles
- Ability to mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be 18 years of age or the minimum required by the state
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
Physical Requirements and Environment
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Global Security Operations Center Operator
Location: Newark, California
Apply now Global Security Operations Center Manager
Location: Foster City, California
Apply now Security Facility Operations Center - Shift Supervisor
Location: San Jose, California
Apply now Security Facility Operations Center Operator
Location: San Jose, California
Apply now Global Security Operations Center Operator
Location: San Francisco, California