Security Operations Center Operator I Burlington, Massachusetts Competitive
Security Operations Center Operator ILocation: Burlington, Massachusetts | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 28 Nov 2018 | Closes: 31 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: MA112818SOC
The Security Operations Center Operator performs ongoing monitoring of the customer’s wide variety of monitoring systems and services; coordinates with technicians and customers to provide timely trouble resolution; and provides level-one help desk support and services in a fast paced call center environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Monitoring of customer’s wide variety of monitoring systems
- Coordinate with technicians, customer & vendors to resolve issues in timely manner to maximize system up time.
- Accurately process monitoring system(s) alarms and provide incident tracking, documentation and notification in accordance with published processes
- Maintain Daily Activity Log including tracking and notification of persons visiting remote site locations.
- Perform subscriber radio control functions as needed
- Provide level-one help desk functions (call-taking, ticket creation & notification to technicians and customer in accordance with published processes)
- Initiate disaster recovery phone reroutes as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 2-year college degree preferred. High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Basic understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, software, telecommunications and voice radio systems is helpful.
- Strong data entry skills and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to be flexible and handle change in a dynamic operations center environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction and outside calls with field personnel, customers and vendors which must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly works in a fast paced call center office environment. There is low to moderate noise in this work environment.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor