Security Operations Center Communication Specialist Vacaville, California $20.00
Security Operations Center Communication SpecialistLocation: Vacaville, California | Salary: $20.00 | Posted: 8 Sep 2020 | Closes: 8 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/197281
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Communication Specialist. As a SOC Communication Specialist, you will serve as the main point of intake, dissemination and escalation of information and issues as reported by employees, contractors, and outside agencies. During the time of disasters or special events the communication specialist will handle the real-time dissemination of information and serve as the main point of contact. The main duties are writing reports, answering and screening phone calls, updating tracking spreadsheets, CCTV video retrieval, downloading and copying to disk, access control troubleshooting and additional related duties as needed. The position is responsible for reporting to security management, supervisors and shift leads.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Working with office management, supervisors and team of operators; ensure security management is apprised of all significant and unusual events in real-time, and documentation is maintained
- Writing factually accurate incident reports and communications; up-channeling the information as needed
- Intake and dissemination of information and communications for both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Handling corporate communications, calls-for-service, radio dispatch, phone, and email correspondence
- Answering customer service related calls and either resolves them personally or refers to the appropriate individual/department
- Updating current tracking spreadsheets and creating new spreadsheets as needed
- Access control troubleshooting
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of professional security operations experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Office environment, writing reports, disseminating information, customer service, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Fairfield, California
Apply now Security Officer - Bank Protection
Location: Napa, California
Apply now Armed Security Officer - Bank Protection
Location: Saint Helena, California
Apply now Armed Security Officer - Bank Protection - Flex
Location: Concord, California
Apply now Security Officer - Critical Facility
Location: Concord, California