Security Officer Wareham, United Kingdom up to £11.67 hourly
Security OfficerLocation: Wareham, United Kingdom | Salary: up to £11.67 hourly | Posted: 25 Jul 2022 | Closes: 25 Aug 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 811
Full time, Security Officer
£11.29 - £11.67 an hour - Full-time, Permanent Contract
Immediate starts available
G4S Security is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
"G4s is currently recruiting for Full time Security Guards at its Winfrith Site; we are looking for people to work within a professional Security Team to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy. At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace which allows us to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation."
- Applicants will be required to be part of a structured (shift pattern) that covers the Site 24/7, 365 days of the year on 12 hours shifts.
- Shifts will cover days, nights and weekends on a 2 day’s, 2 night’s, 4 off rotation with optional overtime.
- Depending on shift, working hours will be (Days) 07:00 - 19:00 or (Nights) 19:00 - 07:00. Averaging 42Hrs week.
The successful candidate will need to provide the following key deliverables:
- Site Patrols. (on foot and patrol Vehicle).
- Vehicle and Personnel Searches.
- Control of Access.
- Control of Cameras and Alarms.
- Site Emergency Scheme duties. Which include incident response.
- Continuous maintenance of records and logs.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Good Customer focus and care with effective communication is essential in this role as well as a good standard of written English. Computer literacy is essential.
- You should also have the ability to understand and work within clearly defined procedures and instructions relevant to a licensed site.
- You will also be required to hold a Security Industry Authority (SIA) qualification. (SG,DS,CP)
- Clean UK driving licence required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- As a minimum applicants will be educated to NQF level 1/NVQ Level 1, or equivalent standard or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant aspects to the post. (This is an essential requirement in the Security Guard Broad Role Document).
- Previous experience in a security role is preferred but not essential as you will receive full training in our unique security skill set.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development.
- Access to HSF (Hospital Saturday Fund) and other high street discounts.
- Dedicated On-site management for support and accountability.
- On site Parking
- Please be aware this role holder requires SC clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance, which is a condition of final employment.
- 5-year checkable work/career history. All applicants will be vetted in line with industry standards (BS7858).
- We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. Progression, training and development opportunities
- Employer Sick Pay after a qualifying period.
At G4s we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
- security: 1 year (Preferred)
- SC if possible but not essential.
Jobs that might be of interest: