Security Officer Edinburgh, United Kingdom 10.50 hourly
Security OfficerLocation: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Salary: 10.50 hourly | Posted: 23 Jun 2022 | Closes: 24 Jul 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Part-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 520
Are you looking for a fresh start in your career?
As a Security Officer for G4S, variety is guaranteed. Your day-to-day duties will adapt to meet the demand of the business and will ensure no two days are exactly the same.
You’ll ensure the safety of our customers and clients based at a large corporate site in Edinburgh, with full training and support every step of the way.
We are looking for experienced security officers to join us on a full-time permanent basis working in a front of house corporate role. You will benefit from a regular shift pattern working Saturday and Sunday days.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
Previous experience in security is a must for this role due to the nature of the site you’ll be working on. If you hold your SIA licence and have experience working in the security sector, come and join our team. We know you'll get off to a flying start!
A typical week will have you manning the site’s busy reception, ensuring visitors, staff and the premises remains safe and secure. Other elements of the role will include:
- Building relationships with employers and community organisations
- Working as part of a team dedicated to protecting the site
- An opportunity to work a stable shift pattern at a fixed site in central Edinburgh
- The role will include greeting staff and visitors and ensuring they adhere to the required security protocols, conducting searches where required, patrolling the premises and dealing with security incidents.
Join G4S and you can enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and tailored on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
Who You Are:
If you are aged 18 or over and are a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service all times, then this could be the career for you!
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for candidates who already hold their SIA licence and have experience in the security sector.
Our contractual requirements mean that you will work a 24 hpw pattern of Saturday and Sunday days. The site is in a central Edinburgh location with excellent public transport links.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
If you can see yourself in this role, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and one of our team will be in touch!
Jobs that might be of interest: