Security Officer Burgess Hill, United Kingdom 9.90 hourly
Security OfficerLocation: Burgess Hill, United Kingdom | Salary: 9.90 hourly | Posted: 16 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 465
Our way of life is not how it used to be. We’re looking for individuals who are looking to be part of our team in making the difference to get life moving again. In partnership with one of our biggest customers, we are supporting their goal in adapting to this new world; getting our country back on its feet and people back into employment. Join us as a Retail Security Customer Care Officer to help secure the new normal for the nation and a stable career for yourself with the market leader in security. Don’t worry, if you’re not already experienced in security we’ll give you all the training you need!
This is a customer-facing role for a prestigious client in a dynamic Retail environment where you will be responsible for protecting both the staff working on the premises, as well as the customers entering the buildings. Our work has never been more vital and we need you to help make it happen. With a keen eye and a brilliant way with people, you will be a friendly face who enjoys helping the public and being on your feet all day. In return you can look forward to an interesting role where no two days are the same with amazing career opportunities.
Working as a Security Officer in a retail environment is very customer service orientated and you will need to have a flexible and willing approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
You will be joining a team working in a premium Shopping Centre, Market Place Shopping Centre in Burgess Hill. You’ll be required to work the following shifts: Monday and Tuesday 0630 to 1630, Saturday 0715-1815 and Sunday 0930-1630, however a flexible approach is required.
As things keep developing, every day will be different. But you’ll be able to provide a consistent service, with day-to-day responsibilities such as:
- Presenting at all times a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence.
- Access control and securing our customers’ premises.
- Being approachable to all of our customers at all times and on hand to assist with any security issues or customer service queries. Good communication and great customer service skills are essential for this position.
- Reporting in a timely manner with accuracy and detail, any security events and dealing with emergency situations, including initial alerts and evacuations in accordance with site procedures. Escalating any incidents to management or the client if required.
- Using on-site technology to fulfill duties, this may include using a smart tablet, mobile phone, laptop/computer, building management systems, fire alarm systems etc, All training will be provided on these, however a good level of IT skills is required.
- Working collaboratively with other service providers on site such as maintenance, housekeeping, landscaping etc. taking a ‘One Team Ethos’ approach to ensure our clients premises are run to the highest of standards.
- Completing specific internal and external patrols of the shopping centre as well as general walk-arounds, this will involve walking many steps during a shift and using stairs.
- Working at all times to convey a positive reputation of the Shopping Centre, Our client and G4S.
- Having a good knowledge of the shopping centre as well as the local area to be able to assist customers with queries they may have.
- Working with external agencies and third parties such as The Police, local councils etc. in order to share knowledge and best practices, this is key when working within a busy hub in the local community.
- Being aware of and following the procedures and practices at such a dynamic shopping centre and understanding the importance these have in the operational running of the centre.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. A good IT knowledge is also key. You need to have your SIA license to do this role.
As this is a site based role you will need to demonstrate that you can arrive on site via public transport or foot for the required start times if you do not have your own transport.
We’re the world’s leading provider of security solutions so we offer lots of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
About the Company
G4S is a leading global security and outsourcing group, specialising in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S have recently been acquired by Allied Universal making the company the biggest security provider and the 7th largest employer in the World.
Jobs that might be of interest: