Security Officer Glasgow, United Kingdom 9.90 hourly
Security OfficerLocation: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Salary: 9.90 hourly | Posted: 13 May 2022 | Closes: 13 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 110
Are you looking for a fresh start in your career?
As a security officer for G4S, variety is guaranteed. Your day-to-day duties will adapt to meet the demand of the business and will ensure no two days are exactly the same.
You’ll ensure the safety of our customers and clients based at a high profile corporate site in Glasgow, with full training and support every step of the way.
We are looking for experienced security officers to join us on a permanent, full-time basis in Glasgow. You will benefit from a regular, Monday - Friday shift pattern working a combination of days and lates.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
Previous experience in security is a must for this role due to the nature of the sites you’ll be working on. If you hold your SIA licence and have experience working in the security sector, come and join our team. We know you'll get off to a flying start!
A typical week will involve ensuring the safety of our customers' staff, their buildings and assets, and providing excellent customer service with a smile. Other elements of the role will include:
- Building relationships with employers and community organisations
- Working as part of a team and on your own depending on site requirements
- An opportunity to work a stable shift pattern at a prominent site in Glasgow.
- A wide variety to the job including access/egress duties, customer service and answering queries, conducting site and mobile patrols, reporting/logging of potential incidents and liaising with visitors face to face and via the phone
Join G4S and you can enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and tailored on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are aged 18 or over and are a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service all times, then this could be the career for you!
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for candidates who already hold their SIA licence and have experience in the security sector.
Our contractual requirements mean that there are opportunities for a range of shift patterns and therefore you will need to be available to work Monday to Friday, including bank holidays. You will need to be able to commute reliably to central Glasgow.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Parking Allowance on site
Jobs that might be of interest: