Security Officer Antrim, United Kingdom £9.50 hourly
Security OfficerLocation: Antrim, United Kingdom | Salary: £9.50 hourly | Posted: 20 Apr 2022 | Closes: 20 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Part-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T220000US
Do you consider yourself to be a people person? Does building rapport with others come naturally to you?
Developing instant yet valuable relationships are vital to our daily working lives, however many of us don’t know how to best use these skills when it comes to our own career goals.
Does that sound like you?
If so, then have you considered a career as a security officer? A career that offers you flexibility, variety, full training and a recognised qualification at no initial cost to you?
Sounds good doesn’t it?
As a security officer for G4S, variety is guaranteed. Your location and job activities will regularly change which means no two days are ever the same.
You’ll ensure the safety of our customers and clients and no matter where you are based, we will train and support you every step of the way.
We are looking for Antrim security officers to join us on a full-time basis.
Am I suited to being a Security Officer?
Previous experience in security is not a must, but if you're already working in the industry, or have before, we welcome you to join our team. We know you'll get off to a flying start!
We also welcome people who have worked previously in retail, travel, sales, recruitment or hospitality - jobs that rely on delivering great service. If you've done this type of work before, then you may have skills that would suit and as we provide full training, we'll help you pivot your skills into a new career.
A typical week will involve visiting a range of sites within your area; ensuring the safety of our customers' staff, their buildings and assets, whilst providing excellent customer service with a smile. Other elements of the role will include:
- Building relationships with employers and community organisations
- Working as part of a team and on your own depending on site requirements
- Based in government buildings, you’ll be working within clear guidelines, dealing with employees & members of the public who need to attend the building
- An opportunity to work across a number of sites where you will gain increased knowledge, growing your own value as a guard
Join G4S and you can enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are aged 18 or over and are a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service all times, then this could be the career for you!
A good understanding of IT is required and as mentioned before, whilst it would be a benefit to have some previous security experience together with your SIA licence, it’s not essential.
We provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training to help you on your way to a career in security.
Our contractual requirements mean that you will generally be working a Monday to Friday shift pattern, including bank holidays. Your shifts can be both days + nights. You may be asked to travel to different sites within the area too, when extra support is needed.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- We offer increased work opportunity seasonally - in the Spring and Summer we have increased events and opportunities to work at seasonal sites
- Contracted hours mean we will pay you even if we cannot schedule you for work
- Mileage paid to travel to and from work
Jobs that might be of interest: