Security Officer Cheltenham 23000.00 - 24000.00
Security OfficerLocation: Cheltenham | Salary: 23000.00 - 24000.00 | Posted: 16 Apr 2019 | Closes: 30 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4702
With the ever-changing facilities management industry, it is important that the Employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you would like. As a leading security and Facilities Management company, G4S improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We provide integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including: head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
We run large TFM contracts
We provide FM in Hospitals and Secure establishments
We provide FM services to Health and School buildings
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- To patrol the interior and exterior of buildings/offices and perimeter.
- To control access to site and designated buildings to permit only authorised personnel to enter.
- To detect, and if possible prevent, forcible or surreptitious entry to sites/buildings by those without authority and deter and detect vandalism.
- To carry out searches on visitors and contractors vehicles before entry to site.
- To carry out random access/exit searches of members of staff entering or leaving buildings.
- To carry out random staff vehicle entry and exit searches.
- To monitor activity on site and in the immediate vicinity of the site.
- To act as first point of contact for any emergency and co-ordinate emergency response where necessary.
- To operate the switchboard out of hours.
- To where necessary deal with suspect postal packages and suspicious objects in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the end of day security measures in workspaces.
- To carry out monitoring of the alarm systems as required.
- To comply with health and safety and emergency procedures.
- To undertake any other ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities as required by local management.
The Ideal Candidate: