Security Officer South Down Area , United Kingdom £10.50 hourly
Security Officer South Down AreaLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: £10.50 hourly | Posted: 25 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 260
We are currently recruiting for Security Officers to join our team at the South Down Area you will be a key part of the team, assuring that the area is safe and secure at all times.
Excellent Rate of Pay, with hours to suit both day time and night time workers. mileage included full training is provided and career progression encouraged, working with some of the best in security you will be in safe hands joining a team committed to providing excellence in Security Solutions
The position is varied and will require you to carry out the following duties:
- Securing and patrolling restricted areas of the Port, and outlying buildings, including using site vehicle
- Working with the guidelines for the Department of Transport
- Searching goods vehicles,
- Working with outside agencies to deter and detect criminality i.e. smuggling of people, animals or other offenses.
- Ensuring all vehicles hold the correct paperwork and identification for travel.
The role will require you to be flexible Monday to Sunday, to work a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. This will also be covering day and night shifts.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. A good IT knowledge is also key, You must be flexible and available to work on a varied shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends. It would be a benefit to have security experience an your SIA licence, and full Driving License
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme including discounts with leading brands discounts on resturant's hotels and travel, vodafone, RAC breakdown cover, samsung, Aviva insurance 10% discount on car, home and travel insurance, British gas hive heating 10% discount
- full uniform provided
- Progression, training and development opportunities SIA training provided
About the Company
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We operate in over 90 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets. G4S has a unique global footprint, employing more than 570,000 people world-wide, and are the largest security solutions provider in the world.
Jobs that might be of interest: