Security Officer - Hinkley Point C Bridgwater, United Kingdom £12.19 hourly
Security Officer - Hinkley Point CLocation: Bridgwater, United Kingdom | Salary: £12.19 hourly | Posted: 13 Aug 2019 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 190001JC-internal
G4S are recruiting Security Officers to work on our prestigious contract at Hinkley Point C in Somerset.
Security Officers play a vital role in the protection of our client’s premises, assets, personnel and visitors which are the key priorities of G4S. They are required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
Security Officers fulfil various roles as tasked by their supervisors and as such are high profile enablers to the site and a key representative of G4S and the Hinkley Point C project. Duties are to be conducted with Health & Safety at the forefront of any task and in full compliance with the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures.
Our Security Officers employed on the Hinkley Point C project are trained to an enhanced service level and their performance must meet or exceed the expectations of G4S and our client. Previous Security experience is desirable.
Pay: £12.19 per hour
Hours: 42 Hours per week, based on 12 hour shift pattern rotating through days, nights and weekends. ( expected to work 48 hours per week)
Package: Permanent, Full time contract, 22 days leave per year, Industry sick pay plus other benefits including 5% contributory pension scheme and daily travel allowance.
Location: Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build, Wickmore Drove, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1UF (expect to work within the area of HPC and its associated developments)
Specific Requirements: SIA Licence & Driving Licence
- Comply with all Health & Safety procedures as set by G4S and our client
- Deliver the highest standards of customer and employee care
- Deploy on tasks as set by the supervisor
- Conduct duties at the Site Main Entry Point
- Search procedures of vehicles, buildings and personnel
- Conduct high visibility patrols (foot & mobile)
- Operate Proof of Presence systems
- Respond to security and site incidents and assist in the coordination of follow up activities
- Produce incident reports
- Liaise, guide and support the Emergency services
- Operate security equipment
- Strong Written and verbal Communication Skills
- Team player
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focused
- A basic standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
· Previous security experience or knowledge is preferred
· Understanding of H&S requirements
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interest.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
A current valid Security Industry Authority (SIA) License or is required or willing to gain licence before employment commences.
UK Driving Licence preferred
Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We operate in over 90 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets. G4S has a unique global footprint, employing more than 570,000 people world-wide, and are the largest security solutions provider in the world.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Hinkley Point C
Location: Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Apply now Dog Handler
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Apply now Area Relief Officer
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Apply now Area Relief Officer
Location: Torquay, United Kingdom
Apply now Area Security Officer
Location: Taunton, United Kingdom