Security Officer - Corporate Anaheim, California Competitive with Great Benefits
Security Officer - CorporateLocation: Anaheim, California | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 20 May 2020 | Closes: 20 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4016102/191788
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Corporate Security Officer. The Corporate Security Officer (CSO) manages the compliance programs for the G4S Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) project. This position will also be the primary interface with the OPR-PSU through the PM/COR on all security matters, to include physical, personnel, and protection of all Government information and data accessed by G4S. This position ensures compliance in accordance with State, Federal, G4S policies and procedures as well as ICE contract requirements. Additional responsibilities include ensuring state operating authority requirements are active and all state regulations are being fulfilled. The CSO also provides state security licensing support to trainers as needed and assists with maintaining/filing for current state licenses.
The CSO will ensure Trainers are complying with state/project and company training requirements including maintaining records. CSO ensures that each office(s) has current City or County Business License.
The CSO will maintain corporate reports of all USDOT reportable accidents/records, Expiration Reports, and will oversee project compliance with G4S USDOT Drug and Alcohol Testing programs and will provide oversight of the projects hiring process and procedures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure compliance and coordinate with the PMs to ensure appropriate interactions with OPR-PSU and the applicable ICE CORs on the e-QIP process and all security matters, to include physical, personnel, and protection of all Government information and data accessed by G4S
- Ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and USDOT with administrative policies, hiring procedures, employee basic and preferred qualifications, screening, training, and licensing, safety rules and continual employment regulations; responsible for the review of all employee files/records to ensure compliance with state, federal, contract and company policies
- Working with Manager Contract Compliance Government Services, develop, implement, and maintain a contract compliance program to ensure that all field offices are in compliance with contract specifications to include quarterly audits of each of the project offices.
- Responsible for the review of all employee files/records to ensure compliance with State, Federal, Contract and Company policies
- Project liaison with drug testing
- Working with HQ Legal Department to Maintain Operating Authority/Licensing for State authority
- Research, investigative, and compile information; sort and interpret data; communicate facts and ideas clearly both orally or in writing; solve problems
- Interpret rules and regulations; analyze data and information; create innovative solutions to complex problems; synthesize facts, concepts and apply specialized knowledge
- Assess operational needs, and determine, develop and implement corrective measures, to include the content and conduct of necessary training.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with U.S. and State (CA and AZ) Department of Transportation compliance
- Prior work experience requiring knowledge and application of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA) requirements
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience conducting audits and compliance inspections for Federal projects
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with OPR-PSU e-QIP process
- Strong office administration skills, proficient user of Microsoft Office, excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; indoor with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching, and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: