Security Manager Home based £30,000
Security ManagerLocation: Home based | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 1 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Security Manager to join our Contract team. This is Remote based, but will require visits to various sites to meet with staff and the client as and when required, therefore a company vehicle is provided as part of the role.
The purpose of the role is to manage and lead the security team for one of our prestigious clients. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of workforce management and will develop strong relationships with the client’s teams. The candidate will also be tasked with supporting the Regional Manager and the wider contract team in delivering the contract security vision and regime.
The Site Manager is to provide a security service which is responsive to the needs of the customer, delivering 24 hour security operations encompassing accreditation, access control, search, patrols and command & control. This contract includes a large number of staff employed on shifts providing 24/7 operational support across the site. Perimeter security must be maintained and a timely response to incidents and escalation is paramount to the contract success. Flexibility is essential as this is a dynamic and rapidly developing project.
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
Working a 40hr week, Monday to Friday (weekends when required) the Site Security Manager acts as the local incident Manager, liaising with the Account Director and overseeing staff and fulfilling responsibilities in the event of a security related incident. Key elements of this role are
Manage the operational routine of each shift, which includes:
- Arranging cover for dropped shifts with the AOC’s - Local break relief rotations - Production of local operational records, reports and returns, ensuring compliance to client and company procedures.
- Support internal audits, testing and reviews to ensure compliance with ISO 9001.2008; and company, client and industry standards - Performance management of designated staff, including development and training - Conducting counseling sessions, investigations and disciplinary hearings when required - Lead the Security Team, ensuring they are suitably developed, trained, rehearsed, briefed, ready and available to carry out their roles and responsibilities at all times - Ensure available assets are used to best effect at all times to maximise safety and security provided on site - Line management of designated staff, ensures employees are issued with correct uniform, PPE and equipment
- Act as an exemplar of the safety culture to all staff - Implementation of all processes and procedures in line with both client and company standards and compliance with legal requirements - Seek to enhance service delivery and develop opportunities to add value to the contract Production of Reports & Returns summarising key activities -
- Security incidents are dealt with professionally, efficiently and in accordance with laid down procedures - Accurate records are kept of incidents and escalated to the client in a timely manner. Establish excellent communications and relationships with all local stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are understood and met Direct liaison with other site managers, the emergency services and acts as the primary point of contract for the Customer.
- Attending operational and client meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous leadership experience of working under pressure in a high-profile operational environment, with decision-making responsibility for coordinating response to incidents - Practical, robust, ‘hands on’ leadership experience and abilities allied to the energy to overcome difficulties and offer innovative solutions while managing BAU - Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple concurrent activities - An analytical mind who evaluates information to identify trends; can accurately record and report incidents, as well as conduct follow-up investigations - Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence at all levels across customer, stakeholder and internal teams
- A good standard of IT competency - Highly numerate, with an excellent standard of verbal and written communications - Thorough and good working knowledge of Javelin (training can be provided)
- Front Line SIA licensed
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- DS SIA License
- Method of instruction or training qualification ▪
- Corporate Security management experience within financial services