Security Intelligence Analyst BRIDGEND £21,162.53
Security Intelligence AnalystLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £21,162.53 | Posted: 8 Mar 2019 | Closes: 15 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7667
Security Intelligence Analyst
HM Prison & YOI Parc, Bridgend
£21,162.53 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Security Intelligence Analyst to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to oversee the operation of the security intelligence systems and associated functions in line with HMP/YOI Parc Local Security Strategy.
- Collect, collate and prepare for the attention of the Security Manager, all S.I.R’s, including any relevant intelligence recorded on the security file or I2 computer.
- To comply with the Public Protection procedures. Identify prisoners, monitor communications and clear visitors for prisoners falling into R2CPA, SOA and HPA.
- Report appropriate incidents to IOU via PNOMIS and update those required when the information is available e.g. inquests.
- Prepare statistics for the Security Committee Meeting each month e.g. drug finds, tool control issues, E List prisoners for review, Potential Category A prisoners, and a breakdown of S.I.R’s.
- Ensure prisoners needing to be placed on the E List or Potential Category A List are identified and submitted to the Head of Security/Operations. In addition, ensure all documentation to their management is raised and issued.
- To manage and collate all documentation submitted for prisoners to be considered for closed visits and visitors banned as per Prison Service Instruction. Prepare letters to inform prisoners and / or visitors if action is to be taken against them for signature by the Head of Security and the Controller.
- Prepare Security Reports and Risk Assessments for ROTL, Employment Board and Re-Categorisation Board.
- Ensure completion of PER’s and Risk Assessments for all prisoners attending Courts, escorts and bed watches in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide intelligence for Reception, Visits and Dog Handler to reduce the possibility of drugs or illicit items being smuggled into HMP Parc.
- Collate information for KPI’s from Incident Report Forms.
- Provide the Safer Custody & Diversity Team with intelligence regarding racism and bullying from S.I.R’s.
- Monitor telephone calls made by prisoners on the telephone monitoring system in line with the requirements of the Local Security Strategy.
- Complete Risk Assessments for escorts, prisoners work and activities.
- Comply with Local Security Strategy regarding intelligence procedures and associated security functions
- I2 input and analysis.
- Identify nominal prisoners from intelligence received and ensure monitoring is in place.
- Ensure all security files are kept up to date, filed away and kept secure at all times
The Ideal Candidate:
- GCSE English & Maths or equivalent
- IT literate, able to use Word, Excel and database software
- A sound working knowledge of the National security framework
- A sound working knowledge of G4S Justice Services policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and Analytical skills
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Family Support Worker - Maternity Cover 9 Months
Apply now Needs, Engagement and Wellbeing Caseworker
Apply now Nurse/ RGN
Apply now Bank Nurse
Apply now Caseworker / Arrest Referral Worker - Dyfodol
Location: South Wales