Security Guard Kingston, Ontario Wage rates are site specific
Security GuardLocation: Kingston, Ontario | Salary: Wage rates are site specific | Posted: 12 Sep 2020 | Closes: 20 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/5631560/197524
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, financial services/banking properties, and transportation and logistics sites.
Join our team today! Currently, we are seeking Full Time and Part Time Security Guards.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positions may require the use of a computer for report writing and communications
- Applicants with security experience or Valid Drivers Licence and clean Abstract may be considered for more advanced positions
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard - Kingston and Surrounding Areas
Location: Kingston, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Kingston, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Belleville and Campbellford area
Location: Belleville, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Healthcare
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Patient Watch Security Guard - Full-time & Part-Time
Location: Cobourg, Ontario