Security Guard Sudbury C$15 - C$18
Security GuardLocation: Sudbury | Salary: C$15 - C$18 | Posted: 11 May 2020 | Closes: 11 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4273476/191319
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all our client’s needs. At G4S, we partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain Effective Communications skills, encouraging confidence and trust with patients, staff and visitors.
- Provide a community service to all patients, visitors and staff by providing a calm reassuring demeanor to those in crisis.
- Conduct conspicuous foot patrol and circulate on the unit at a minimum of every half hour to demonstrate presence to staff and patients.
- Observe patients, visitors and staff for escalating behavior and intervene using Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and Crisis and Restraint Management principles.
- Observe the building and grounds for any hazards, weapons or items that may be used as weapons and report to Security Supervisor.
- Contact law enforcement upon request of the clinical staff or upon assessment of circumstances arising.
- Escort/remove individuals from site and/or property at the request of clinical staff or upon assessment when behaviour becomes illegal, intrusive, disruptive, violent or impedes the capability to provide care.
- Perform fire extinguisher checks.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Security Guard license.
- First Aid/CPR Level C (AED).
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to respond and deal with urgent/critical issues.
- Strong computer skills.
- Certified Non Violent Crisis Intervention. (or willing to train)
- Certified Resistance Management and Effective Communications.(or willing to train)
- Post-Secondary Education for Hospital/City
- Willingness to learn for all other sites
- Initiate emergency response codes as per emergency plans.
We offer a $300.00 signing bonus to successful applicants!!
We provide paid benefits, certification, training and uniforms!!
Build your career and make the world a safer place by joining our team of G4S security professionals!!
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Shanty Bay, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard
Location: North Bay, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Penetanguishene, Ontario
Apply now Hospital Security Guard (Penetanguishene, ON)
Location: Midland, ON