Security Guard Orillia, ON $23.00
Security GuardLocation: Orillia, ON | Salary: $23.00 | Posted: 7 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/5168634/189483
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
- Maintain the client’s property and facilities in accordance with local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws affecting a client’s property outdoors.
- Guard will be responsible for placing appropriate signs and traffic cones on location before and after each shift (i.e. PARKING, DISABLED, etc.) and directing visitors to the designated parking areas.
- Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged in security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Ensure that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies.
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
- Respond and react to any and all emergency situations that may occur at the workplace and client facilities within the scope of a G4S security guard.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date, patrol notes, incident reports and information management system
- Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S clients and G4S management.
- Physical Requirements and Environment: Environment: Varies, Office, Shopping Concourse, Interior and Exterior Patrols, Mechanical Areas and Parking facilities
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Meet and maintain Ontario Security licensing requirements.
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advanced positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Superior customer service orientation
About the Company:
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes applications from all people including women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
Jobs that might be of interest:Orillia & Surrounding Areas
Location: Orillia, Barrie, Penetanguishene
Apply now Security Guard - Data Center
Location: Barrie, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Penetanguishene, Ontario
Apply now Residential Front Desk Concierge
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Apply now Mobile Patrol Security Guard - Temporary Full-Time - Nights
Location: Oshawa, Ontario