Security Guard Halifax, NS C$0.00 - C$0.00
Security GuardLocation: Halifax, NS | Salary: C$0.00 - C$0.00 | Posted: 5 Sep 2019 | Closes: 5 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/168131
Professional Security Guard
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
G4S presently employs over 9,000 staff in Canada and is looking to hire Security Professionals in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Follow site-specific Post Orders, Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Center equipment/systems, computers, radios, and phones
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Observe and monitor assigned areas or systems as per site requirements
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Nova Scotia Security Guard Licence and Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Able to obtain / currently possess a valid Transport Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) within 1 to 6 months
- Able to successfully complete Site training
- Full NS Class 5 license-free of convictions and able to produce drivers abstract upon request
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and great customer service skills!
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Baggage Cart Retrieval - G4S Canada - Secure Solutions
Apply now Professional Security Guard/ Security Compliance Officers
Location: Halifax, NS
Apply now Curbside Services - Airport Customer Service
Location: Halifax, NS
Apply now Security Compliance Officer
Location: Enfield, NS
Apply now Security Officer - DC
Location: Dublin, Ireland