Security Guard Edmonton Alberta C$15.00
Security GuardLocation: Edmonton Alberta | Salary: C$15.00 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 | Closes: 15 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Site Security Guard is responsible for the provision of security services within the facility, including but not limited to: Access Control, Visitor inspection /Screening, Mobile and Foot Patrols, responding to Emergency/Health and Safety Incidents, Providing Escort Services, Monitoring the Surveillance System, Control of the parking facilities and related services. The Site Security reports to the Team Leader and/or through the Branch Management.
Responsibilities and Duties but not limited to:
- Provide all Security and Life Safety related functions for the client in accordance with the contract, SOP’s and management as amended from time to time.
- Maintain a high level of security vigilance and enforcement of the facilities regulations in a professional manner
- Act as a first responder in the event of a First Aid or Environmental Emergency
- Provide a high level of physical security for the client, facilities and its guests
- Ensure proper pass screening and issuance for the facility and it’s guests
- Provision of first response to emergency medical situations
- Maintenance of Vehicle and visitor logs and inspections
- Promote and enforce Health and safety measures.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post,
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conduct security and safety assessments and recommend improvements
- Coordinate emergency response in emergency situations by directing Emergency services Personnel
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have experience in a security, police or military environment or police foundation / security training from a recognized agency.
- Completed and be in possession of a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be certified as a security employee, where required, by provincial licensing provisions.
- Have a valid motor vehicle operator's license for the province of Alberta.
- Must meet security requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and the United States International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Be trained and certified in administering Standard First Aid, CPR (Level C) and AED. The First aid Program must be recognized under Alberta WCB
- Be in good physical condition and able to perform the work as evidenced by a physical examination by a physician. (Fit 2 Work).
Additional Tickets/Certifications Required:
- CSTS with WHMIS
- H2S Alive
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Zutrittskontrollorgan (m/w)
Apply now Sicherheitsmitarbeiter (m/w) Teilzeit
Apply now Revierfahrer (m/w) Nachtdienst
Apply now Sicherheitstechniker (m/w)
Location: Steiermark, Kärnten
Apply now Doorman (m/w) für Malldienste
Location: Ried im Innkreis