Security Guard (Retail-Uniform) Belleville, ON Belleville, ON C$14.00 - C$15.00
Security Guard (Retail-Uniform) Belleville, ONLocation: Belleville, ON | Salary: C$14.00 - C$15.00 | Posted: 19 Sep 2019 | Closes: 19 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2558852/169863
Security Guard - Retail Sector - Kingston, ON
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, Retail Stores, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking Security Guards for one of our major Retail client sites.
General Job Description:
To patrol the entire Project and provide a highly visible presence to all mall employees, tenants and patrons alike. To provide protection to the aforementioned public and deal with all situations as they arise in a professional and courteous manner.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upon mall opening, commence mall patrols throughout all areas. Ensure all stores are open for business.
- Inspect fire panels and ensure all is in order and there are no trouble signals.
- Inform management representative in writing of any tenants who have failed to open for business, late opening, garbage, noise and any other situation contrary to the lease agreement.
- Ensure that there are no undesirable persons in the mall and, if possible, escort off the property.
- Attend all fire safety and security related calls as they arise and ascertain the potential threat level to mall.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all tenants and mall employees.
- Respond promptly to all employee, tenant, or patron inquiries. If for some reason the inquiry is not of a security related issue, kindly direct them to the proper department.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with the City’s essential services.
Secondary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be fully versed with the Trespass to Property Act R.S.O. 1980 and how to utilize it.
- Be familiar with other sections of the Laws, By-Laws and Acts governing and related to the property and the protection thereof, and all related Canadian Criminal Code sections relevant to the protection and policing of the property.
- Be familiar with all employees at the Project, including management personnel.
- Attend all training sessions as required by the Owner. Attend all department meetings as required by the Owner.
- Fully trained in First-aid and C.P.R. (proof of certification required)
- Maintain memo book for day to day reporting.
- Patrol all internal and external areas, including all parking and roof areas. Check all road signs and conditions of roads or any other areas requiring maintenance.
- Check all areas of the mall for spills or other unsafe conditions. (barricade areas until maintenance arrives)
- Know and understand proper radio policy and procedures.
- Know all policies and procedures as it applies to the fire plan and specifically the security department’s role.
- Be fully trained in the proper use of fire extinguishers and other firefighting equipment.
- Be fully acquainted with Company policies regarding lost children and lost & found property.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the security key rings and persons to be issued same.
- Conduct escorts for retailers and management upon request.
- Deliver management letters (i.e. tenant information, accounts receivable)
- Ensure that all sprinkler rooms, are checked and the proper readings are in order. Initial all reports for same.
- Check and ensure all service areas are free of garbage and debris.
- Ensure that only authorized persons are utilizing areas. Challenge anyone who does not appear authorized.
- Check all mechanical and electrical areas and ensure that only authorized personnel are in same. Check and inspect the sign in and out sheet and scrutinize same.
- Issue trespass notices to all persons that are to be barred from the Project
- Be totally familiar with all Management Security Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Mall Management with request for assistance related to Marketing and Mall Service events i.e. (cart re-locations, etc.)
- Perform other tasks as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of days, afternoons.
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Valid Provincial Security Guard licence
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Must demonstrate having 1- 2 years of relevant security experience or College Diploma in Law & Security or Police Foundations or equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Training Requirements (Provided):
- The following training is to be completed within one year of the employees hiring date:
- 3 Month Minimum
- Workplace Hazardous Information System (WHMIS)
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Procedures
- Pressure Point Control Tactics and Handcuffing training
- Officer Safety and Patrol Procedures
- Documented Emergency Equipment Locations testing
- Training on Trespass to Property Act, Criminal Code of Canada
- Training on Powers of Arrest, Use of Force, Search and Seizure
- Violence and Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- One Year Minimum
- Court Procedures and Etiquette
- Tactical Communications/ Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Management
- Race Relations
- Public Relations
- Media relations
- Evidence Gathering and Crime/Accident Scene Preservation
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: