Security Guard - PT (Overnight Sunday to Thursday : 11:00 PM - 04:30 AM) Stouffville, ON C$15.50 - C$16.00
Security Guard - PT (Overnight Sunday to Thursday : 11:00 PM - 04:30 AM)Location: Stouffville, ON | Salary: C$15.50 - C$16.00 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 23 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/7485805/217992
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
As a G4S Security Guards, you have been carefully screened according to qualifications, experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged in security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Ensure that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies.
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
- Respond and react to any and all emergency situations that may occur at the workplace and client facilities within the scope of a G4S security guard.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date, patrol notes, incident reports and information management system (Secure Trax®, RISK360™ or similar) entries as required.
- Maintain the client’s property and facilities in accordance with local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws effecting a client’s property.
- Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S client’s and G4S management.
Physical Requirements and Environment: Environment: Varies, Office, Shopping Concourse, Interior and Exterior Patrols, Mechanical Areas and Parking facilities
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred).
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements.
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advance positions.
- Driver’s abstract is required for all vehicle related positions including non-highway. vehicles (Gator, golf cart, motorized bikes, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Superior customer service orientation
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Must complete G4S QSO Program
- Familiarity with mobile reporting systems
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Completion of vertical specific training modules
- Must maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. May include handcuffing and baton
- Must be certified in one of the following effective communications or tactical communications or similar program
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Norfolk County, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Midland, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Casual/On Call
Location: Stoney Creek, ON