Security Guard - Procter & Gamble - Brockville, ON Brockville, ON C$14.00 - C$15.50
Security Guard - Procter & Gamble - Brockville, ONLocation: Brockville, ON | Salary: C$14.00 - C$15.50 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 | Closes: 9 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America
Industrial Security Guard
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
As a G4S Security Guards, you have been carefully screened according to qualifications, experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Traffic and Access Control for the facility
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, CCTV
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed
- Responding to Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Site Manager
- Demonstrate good judgement, common sense and decision-making ability
- Good note taking, observation skills, and report writing
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must possess at least 1 year or Security and/or Customer Service experience
- Must possess a Valid Alberta Security License
- Ability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends unrestricted
- Have access to a reliable vehicle to get to and from work
- H2S Alvive
- CSTS - 09
- Minimum High School Education or Equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard (Brockville, ON)
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Healthcare Security Guard - Kingston, ON
Location: Kingston, ON
Apply now Security Guard (Kingston, ON)
Location: Kingston, ON
Apply now Security Guard On call - Cornwall
Apply now Healthcare Security Guard - Cornwall Community Hospital
Location: Cornwall, ON