Security Guard On call - Cornwall Cornwall Based on Experience
Security Guard On call - CornwallLocation: Cornwall | Salary: Based on Experience | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 11 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America
Supplementary Security Officer
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. has the following position available in the London area: Supplementary Security Officer (Part-time, on call).
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
As a G4S Security Guards, you have been carefully screened according to qualifications, experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Command Centre operations: Utilize multiple computers and programs, direct calls, monitor CCTV, monitor fire system, operate access control software, dispatch security to calls, direct emergency responders, etc.
- Conduct patrols by vehicle and on foot
- Write detail oriented reports
- Maintain daily logs, and other written records
- Verify identities and clearances, conduct searches of persons and vehicles
- Respond to emergency situations, and coordinate with emergency services
- Enforce client policy, and trade regulations
- Any other duties as prescribed by the client or supervision
The Ideal Candidate:
- Read, write and speak English
- Possess language and comprehension skills sufficient to compose clear and concise written reports
- Ability to read regulations, policies, procedures, and apply them practically to your role
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Possess a valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Possess a valid first aid/CPR certificate
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (G) class.
- Must be able to qualify for a Secret Level II clearance (administered by G4S).
- Must be able to qualify for a CGP clearance, which includes: personal background check, criminal
record check, credit check (administered by G4S).
- Must obtain IFPO Certified Protections Officer designation within 3 months of hire (administered by
- Experience in security, policing or a related field would be an asset
- Proficient with computer programs/applications, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency operating CCTV and access control software.
- Knowledge of industrial fire systems is an asset
- Be poised, tactful, diplomatic and have the ability to make logical decisions, while exercising good judgment in high stress situations, or emergencies
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Operations Specialist
Apply now Site Supervisor (Security) - Brockville, ON
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Bilingual Security Staff
Apply now Full-Time Security Staff (3) - Healthcare Setting (Brockville, ON)
Location: Brockville, ON
Apply now Upscale Security Officer
Location: Watertown, New York