Security Guard - Long Term Care Facility Chatham, ON 17.75
Security Guard - Long Term Care FacilityLocation: Chatham, ON | Salary: 17.75 | Posted: 2 Mar 2021 | Closes: 2 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3384418/206432
Security Guard - Long Term Care Facility
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Security Guard within the Health Care Division has duties and responsibilities beyond those of a regular guard. A level “A” Guard is a Constant Observation Guard who will be expected to interact with the patient, Medical Staff, Security and Visitors. At this level of training the guard is not expected to interact physically with patients or staff and has an observe and report function. They do not interact with regards to companionship, personal care or transportation of patients.
- Monitors and observes patients in accordance with long term care facility policy with regards to health and safety and follows the direction of the prevailing medical authority for the Ward/Patient
- Maintains the Patient activity log and the Patient Care, Pass On Log book in addition to the Security Guard Notebook.
- Refer visitors and family directly to the patient care personnel for everything
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Must be certified in Level C CPR and Emergency First Aid.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Must be able to receive clearance for a Vulnerable Sector search.
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred)
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Able to assess and evaluate situations
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Enhancing Verbal Skills Training (Life Skills training).- asset
- Prior security-related experience in a Healthcare environment - asset
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:CCTV Technician - Installer
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Apply now Mobile Compliance Verification Guards - Must have full G licence
Location: Windsor, ON
Apply now Agent de sécurité
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Roseville, Michigan