Security Guard Job Fair (Government Site) - Thursday August 22nd from 10am to 2pm Etobicoke, ON C$15.50 - C$16.00
Security Guard Job Fair (Government Site) - Thursday August 22nd from 10am to 2pmLocation: Etobicoke, ON | Salary: C$15.50 - C$16.00 | Posted: 14 Aug 2019 | Closes: 14 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2429282/165783
G4S Recruitment Meet & Greet - Government Site!!!
You’ve been exclusively invited to attend a Recruitment Meet & Greet being held on:
Thursday August 22nd from 10am to 2pm located at our Training & Recruitment Centre
6375 Dixie Road, Unit 1 & 2 Mississauga, ON L5T 2E7
G4S is hiring Security Guards for a Government Site located in Etobicoke.
Great opportunities available for Bilingual (English/French) Security Guards so do not miss out!!!
Pay rates range from $15.50 to $16.00/ per hour.
Are you eligible…
- Do you have a valid Security Guard licence?
- Do you have a valid First Aid/CPR certificate?
- Do you have a Residency in Canada for a minimum of 5 years?
- Do you hold a Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship or PR card?
- Can you easily travel to Hwy 27 & Rexdale for work on a daily basis?
- Can you work 12 am to 8 am including weekends & holidays?
- Commitment to working onsite for a minimum of 1 year?
- Preference will be given to FULL TIME availability
If you've answered "YES" to all of the above questions, then we would like to see you in person!!!
Interviews will be conducted on the spot.
Refreshments will be served.
Should you not meet the qualifications of the above position, other opportunities may be discussed with you upon the discretion of the recruiter regarding our Commercial & Residential divisions. All of these positions require an ability to work FULL TIME, overnights, weekends, rotations and up to 12 hour shifts.
If you cannot make this event, please reach out to our Recruiter, Leann Mifsud at email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Hope to see you there!
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. We are also proud to partner with various government organizations in securing their facilities. Currently we are seeking Full Time Security Guards for one of our Federal Government sites. This position will be situated mainly in the Etobicoke Region.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of day shifts and overnight shifts
- Residence in Canada the past 5 years minimum
- Able to pass Federal Public Works and other government clearance screenings.
- Valid Ontario Provincial Security Guard licence
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
- Minimum High school education/equivalency
- Preference will be given to those who have completed Police Foundations or have 2 years of relevant security experience
- Able to take G4S Training Courses: Effective Communications, Crisis Management & Subject Restraint Training as required
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard -Government Site (Etobicoke, ON)
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Residential Front Desk Concierge
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard - Bilingual French - Government Site (Etobicoke, ON)
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard - Data Center
Location: Barrie, ON