Security Guard - General - West Ottawa, ON Hourly
Security Guard - General - WestLocation: Ottawa, ON | Salary: Hourly | Posted: 29 May 2020 | Closes: 2 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4286222/191925
- Company paid uniforms
- Paid training
- Competitive benefits package
- G4SU website training modules offered to all employees
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, retail stores, office buildings, commercial properties, and warehouse sites. We are currently looking to hire a Casual / Part-Time Security Professional to join our Safety and Security Team. As a valued part of our Team, you will play a vital role within our facility
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide front-line uniformed Security to a high-tech corporate centre
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Ability to stand and walk to conduct interior and exterior patrols
- Ability to operate Security equipment, computers, radios and smartphone
- First Responder to all alarms and emergency situations
- Ensure the Safety and Security of clients property and assets
- Conduct daily functions of Security including foot patrols, access control, responding to calls for service
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- VALID Ontario Security Guard License
- VALID Standard First Aid/CPR with AED certification
- Post-secondary education in Security Management, Police Foundations, or relevant work and or Military experience would be considered an asset
- Access to a vehicle an asset.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with key Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong customer service skills
- Available to work shift work including weekdays, weekends, overnights and holidays as required
- Strong understanding of criminal trespass to property act.
- Strong understanding of use of force and powers of arrest.
- Strong understand of Security concepts, including CPTED, CCTV, life safety systems and access control systems
- Ability to understand and protect confidential information
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bilingual Security Guard - Night Shift
Location: Ottawa, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Retail
Location: Ottawa, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Client Specific
Location: Arnprior, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Screening
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Apply now Security Guard - Healthcare
Location: Brockville, Ontario