Security Guard - General Guard Pool Halifax Regional Municipality competitive wages and great benefits
Security Guard - General Guard PoolLocation: Halifax Regional Municipality | Salary: competitive wages and great benefits | Posted: 31 May 2020 | Closes: 31 Jul 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4930914/188811
G4S is proud to offer:
- High Wages
- Free Uniform
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous Learning Environment
- Support and guidance throughout your career
G4S is preparing for potential shortages and additional work support for the airport environment and ad hoc security work throughout HRM.
As a result, we would like to grow our pool of potential employees. Apply online now to start your application process!
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and G4S policies and procedures;
- Perform exterior patrols ensuring that clients' property is safe and free for their clientele.
- Dealing with troubled patrons and ensure that they are given the right treatment to ensure they move along safely in a timely manor.
- Deal with all clients of the property, ensure you make it a safe place for everyone to work.
- Be seen as a deterrent but provide a customer service focused presence
- Take lead on dealing with any problems the site or client may have while still having the clients best interest in mind.
- Be proficient in written reports to both management and clients, and Police or governing agencies when needed.
- Value added service should always be on the mind of the candidate and he/she should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain valid Nova Scotia Provincial Security Guard license
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Preference to those with a valid Transport Canada Clearance
About the Company:
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes applications from all people including women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
Jobs that might be of interest: