Security Guard - Experienced (Retail Environment) Toronto C$16.00 - C$18.00
Security Guard - Experienced (Retail Environment)Location: Toronto | Salary: C$16.00 - C$18.00 | Posted: 26 May 2021 | Closes: 26 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/211490
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- 1 year of Security Experience
- Own transportation is an asset to some positions: G Drivers License and Clean Drivers Abstract
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License with Valid First Aid / CPR
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Education in Police Foundations and/or Law and Security/ Criminology degree/ or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of computers and computer programs
- Advanced report writing and note taking abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum two years experience in a high security high confidentiality, complex environment.
- Must be physically fit, and able to work long hours standing and walking.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard - (Part time Weekends) - Federal site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard (Part Time)
Apply now Security Guard - High Profile
Location: Toronto, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Government Site - Virtual Job Fair - Thursday August 19th - 12pm to 1pm
Apply now Mobile Security Guard
Location: Milton, ON