Security Guard - Commercial Sector Toronto C$17 - C$20
Security Guard - Commercial SectorLocation: Toronto | Salary: C$17 - C$20 | Posted: 1 May 2020 | Closes: 1 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/5322596/190621
Security Guard - Commercial Sector
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking Full Time Security Guards for a selection of our client’s sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire
- Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of days, afternoons and overnight shifts.
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Valid Provincial Security Guard licence
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Must demonstrate having 1- 2 years of relevant security experience in a Commercial Security Environment
- Mobile Candidates must be a minimum of 25 years of age and possess a valid G class driver’s license and produce a clean driver’s abstract
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: