Security Guard - Baggage Screener (Transit) Timmins, ON C$20.00 - C$21.00
Security Guard - Baggage Screener (Transit)Location: Timmins, ON | Salary: C$20.00 - C$21.00 | Posted: 21 Sep 2020 | Closes: 21 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/198011
Experienced Security Guard
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, Retail Stores, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums, and residential sites. Currently, we are seeking Security Guards for one of our major client sites.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet, direct passengers through the screening process
- Efficiently process passengers, and their baggage prior to entry area
- Use of screening devices (e.g., x-ray, walk-through metal detector, hand-held metal detector)
- Manually conduct physical searches of persons and baggage, through direct contact or in close proximity with passenger
- Maintain Effective Communications skills, encouraging confidence and trust with passengers
- Provide a community service to all contractors providing a calm reassuring demeanor at all times
- Conduct conspicuous searches
- Observe the building and grounds for any hazards, weapons or items that may be used as weapons and report to Security Supervisor.
- Perform fire extinguisher checks.
- Initiate emergency response as per emergency plans.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- Valid Security Guard license.
- First Aid/CPR Level C (AED).
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to respond and deal with urgent/critical issues.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous Experience at an Airport or terminal required
- Previous experience in luggage/bag search
- Post-Secondary Education
- Willingness to learn for all other sites
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.