Security Guard - Access Control Officer Halifax Stanfield International Airport $16.00
Security Guard - Access Control OfficerLocation: Halifax Stanfield International Airport | Salary: $16.00 | Posted: 10 Sep 2021 | Closes: 10 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3380092/217302
G4S is proud to offer:
- High Wages
- Free Uniforms
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Access to free online training
- Continuous Learning Environment
- Support and guidance throughout the career
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You have been carefully screened according to qualifications, experience, talents and overall disposition for the job you will be performing. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner.
Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients. You will be expected to patrol and inspect property to prevent and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, illegal activity, and any other threats to safety and security. You will be responsible for the protection of people, property, facilities and information. You will use various forms of communications and you will be expected to write reports outlining observations and activities during assigned shifts.
G4S presently employs over 10,000 staff in Canada and is looking to hire additional Security Professionals.
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and G4S policies and procedures;
- Perform exterior patrols ensuring that clients property is safe and free for their clientele.
- Dealing with troubled patrons and ensure that they are given the right treatment to ensure they move along safely in a timely manor.
- Deal with all clients of the property, ensure you make it a safe place for everyone to work, and make lawful arrests when required.
- Be seen as a deterrent but provide a customer service focused presence
- Take lead on dealing with any problems the site or client may have while still having the clients best interest in mind.
- Be proficient in written reports to both management and clients, and Police or governing agencies when needed.
- Value added service should always be on the mind of the candidate and he/she should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain valid Nova Scotia Provincial Security Guard license
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Preference to those with a valid Transport Canada Clearance
About the Company:
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes applications from all people including women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Guard
Apply now High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Norfolk County, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Midland, ON