Security Director - Healthcare Louisville, Kentucky $60000 - $68000
Security Director - HealthcareLocation: Louisville, Kentucky | Salary: $60000 - $68000 | Posted: 26 Oct 2020 | Closes: 26 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/199667
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Director of Security. The Director of Security is responsible for administering the security contract and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements. This position will act as the G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. liaison with the client, customers, and employees to the Hospitals assigned. This position is also responsible for providing management oversight and driving operational accountability through effective change management and leadership development processes. This position is the primary point of contact for human relations functions involving G4S employees.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Project management: provide direct supervision to Training & Quality Assurance Manager, Administrative Support, Senior Systems Administrator, Site Supervisor; customer relations; develop Physical Security Surveys and Post Orders; oversee disciplinary process; oversee the staffing and scheduling for security officers (e.g., review payroll and billing for accuracy); oversee that contract-required training and screening elements for security officers have been met, quality assurance and contract compliance; manage excessive overtime; typing correspondence, developing spreadsheets and memorandums; filing and records maintenance; inventory and purchase all G4S equipment
- Customer service; serve as the management liaison between our internal and external customers
- Report writing; prepare required reports for client and G4S management
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, an Armed Security Guard License for Louisville, Kentucky
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience managing a security workforce some of which in a hospital environment of care
- Must possess work experience showing aptitude for assisting in the operational management of a large semi-independent business enterprise
- Must possess work history with a demonstrated knowledge of (TJC) The Joint Commission Environment of Care Standards
- Must possess one or more of the following
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must live within or be willing to relocate to within 25 miles of the facility
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Walking through hospital managing security officers, working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 30 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale - Healthcare Setting
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Apply now Security Shift Supervisor
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Apply now Security Officer - Custom Protection - Healthcare
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Apply now Security Officer - Custom Protection
Location: Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Clarksville, Indiana