Security Control Room Operator - High End Location (Downtown Toronto) Toronto, ON $22.00
Security Control Room Operator - High End Location (Downtown Toronto)Location: Toronto, ON | Salary: $22.00 | Posted: 19 Nov 2020 | Closes: 31 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/200997
Security Control Centre Operator
requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. We are currently seeking Full Time Security Control Room Operators to join a High Profile Security Team for a client in Downtown Toronto.
The Control Room Operator will monitor the various security systems
and applications from an advanced security office on site. This role will also work to dispatch resources as needed.
- Monitor corporate security systems- including but not limited to the access control and CCTV systems
- Receive notifications of security incidents and issues from all corporate personnel
- Relay notifications of incidents, issues etc. to the appropriate leadership positions (G4S Management and Client)
- Interface with base building guards to coordinate incident responses
- Dispatch security officers to investigate alarms and respond to incidents, escalate as procedure states and to the best of own judgement
- Notify emergency services when external response is required; coordinate with corporate security to ensure services have immediate access to the space
- Monitor the performance of security system elements and report deficiencies to Security Leader and Corporate Security personnel
- Track the location and activities of all guards assigned to their shift
- Applies the appropriate professionalism, maturity and tact to manage the incident
- Adheres to and promotes the client's and G4S policies and procedures at all times
- Communicates concerns, process improvement ideas or other opportunities for improvement to the team
- Performs other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Licensing: Security Guard Licence Required
- Private Investigator Licence is an asset (G4S may support you in obtaining this certification if necessary)
- Security monitoring experience: Minimum of 2 years experience as security operations center operator or security desk monitoring guard in executive or high profile corporate buildings
- Education: Completion of a minimum of 2 years of college
- Communication skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication capabilities and capable of accurately capturing and relaying information
- Computer literacy: Minimum of intermediate level competency with Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) software.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:High Profile - Security Guard (Downtown Toronto)
Location: Toronto, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Government Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - (Part time Weekends) - Federal site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - High Profile, Experienced Guards - Full-Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Apply now FT Patrol Guard Downtown - Night Shift (Residential)
Location: Downtown, Toronto