Security Console Operator Ottawa Based on Experience
Security Console OperatorLocation: Ottawa | Salary: Based on Experience | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 11 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4286222/144851
- Company paid uniforms
- Paid training
- Competitive benefits package
- G4SU website training modules offered to all employees
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, retail stores, office buildings, commercial properties, and warehouse sites. We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a AAA building in downtown Ottawa.
Job duties and responsibilities for Console Operators:
- Taking inbound calls
- Monitoring CCTV system and alarm system
- Life safety system monitoring (Fire Panel)
- Contractor sign in/out
- Other duties as assigned
Job duties and responsibilities for Patrol Guards:
- Building and parking garage patrols
- Emergency response
- Vagrant removal/deterrent
- Issue trespass notices (as needed)
- Fire safety inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Use of Force / NVCI (offered by G4S)
- Bilingual (Console Operator Mandatory)
- Bilingual Patrol Staff (asset)
- 2+ Years’ experience in dispatch/console position for Console Operator.
- 1+ Years’ experience in customer service and patrolling for patrol staff.
- College Diploma in Police Foundations or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Life Safety Systems (Fire systems, Panic alarms)
- Knowledge in the Trespass to Property Act
- First Aid level “C” / CPR / AED
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Able to work continental rotation including days/nights/weekends/holidays
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Operations Specialist
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Perth, Ontario
Apply now Retail Security Guard
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Apply now Hospital Security Guard- Cornwall
Apply now Client Specific Mobile Response Team
Location: Cornwall, Ontario