Security Command Center Manager West Houston, Texas $65,000.00
Security Command Center ManagerLocation: West Houston, Texas | Salary: $65,000.00 | Posted: 14 Nov 2019 | Closes: 14 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/175665
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Command Center Manager. The Security Command Center (SCC) is a 24/7 operation which provides monitoring services, command and control, decision making support, incident management, and mass communication a corporate campus. The Command Center Manager responds and assists security personnel in reporting emergency and non-emergency events to the Security Command Center. As a Command Center Manager, he or she shall be responsible for monitoring multiple security systems to aid in the safety and security of persons and properties. The Command Center Manager is required to detect unfavorable situations, dispatch security officers, and make proper notifications to the appropriate level of management.
The SCC Manager is responsible for the management of the SCC team, its compliance to processes and procedures, as well as its alignment to emerging threats and incident trends. The position will provide oversight and direction of the site and/or local SCC teams who regional emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, event dispatch, and notification services.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Manage a team of SCC Operators with a primary mission to proactively prevent incidents; assist in hiring SCC personnel and taking appropriate disciplinary actions per policy; help employees realize their full potential by setting clear expectations, openly evaluating performance, upholding accountability, and providing challenges (within and outside their team) to expand employees’ skills
- Develop training plans for SOC Analyst and Administrators, to include effective communication, technical skills, and response abilities
- Provide timely communication and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities
- Serve as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not
- Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the SCC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and development as well as Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the SCC to facilitate effective performance
- Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with Security Account Management to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g. Officer dispatch, incident reporting, etc)
- Develop a program for maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues and assist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems
- Assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the SCC, its systems, personnel, and functions; ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls, and other activities related to the SCC and its role as a central monitoring station
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of six (6) years of experience within a military, law enforcement, emergency services, or private enterprise security operations center
- Must possess a minimum of (2) years of experience at a Security Operations/Command Center in a management or supervisory position
- Work experience must include and demonstrate the following:
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; able to delegate tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including executive management
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools
- Demonstration of strong computer skills (hardware and software as well as network operations) with the ability to communicate effectively with IT and Security Integration Professionals.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess working knowledge of access control, camera, and mass communications systems (SendWordNow, EverBridge, Alert US, Genetec, CCure)
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: