Security Ambassador Edinburgh, United Kingdom 9.93 hourly
Security AmbassadorLocation: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Salary: 9.93 hourly | Posted: 4 Aug 2022 | Closes: 3 Sep 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 905
Job Summary and Function
As a key point of contact for both staff and visitors at the premises of our client, NatWest Group, Ambassadors will represent G4S as the primary interface with customers and NatWest colleagues. The main purpose will be to provide a seamless customer and visitor experience whilst also undertaking a dynamic approach to security through observation, interaction, enthusiasm and confidence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the entire visitor experience.
- Professional approach to appropriately meet and greet high-profile visitors to the site.
- Providing first-class support service. This will include information provision, local knowledge and enhanced disability understanding & interaction.
- Ensuring all ambassadors have the full breadth of knowledge of the facilities service team.
- Developing the skills of the security officers in identifying visible and potential hazards. Linking into an action framework of solution or isolation and follow-up.
- To be vigilant and proficient in all threat level awareness.
- Competent with the use of the latest innovative technology and apps.
- Upholding the highest standards of customer engagement.
- Providing all customers who visit the premises with a site emergency overview.
- Accommodating all NatWest staff, and other visitors, maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Ownership of the complete customer journey, with direct interactive communication between guests and host.
- Welcoming and managing all exception-related visitor scenarios, including unauthorised persons, liaising with the security control for overwatch of any situations.
- Managing any visitors with children by having them sign and acknowledge site guidelines
- Direct or escort all non-registered contractors to a dedicated location for sign-in.
- Tasks include; maintaining good housekeeping, litter removal, clearing tables and organising chairs.
- Environmental awareness and hazard control, including signage and cleaner liaison.
- Manage any Dawn Raid occurrences accordingly by following the current process and directing them to designated holding areas until the correct host arrives.
- Facilitate effective control of all essential equipment, including the first aid kit, hazard signs, essential stationery and building guides, cleaning materials and marketing information.
- Gain feedback from staff, guests, and visitors on their journey on the campus own all service recovery opportunities.
- Support the Facilities Manager or G4S management with any reasonable request.
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. Good IT knowledge is also key. You must be flexible and available to work 07:00 to 19:00 & 08:00 to 14:00 on a 7-week rotation. It would be a benefit to have some security experience and your SIA licence, however, it’s not essential, as we provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training.
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
Workplace Pension Scheme
Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
Progression, training and development opportunities
About the Company
G4S is a leading global security and outsourcing group, specialising in the outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S have recently been acquired by Allied Universal making the company the biggest security provider and the 7th largest employer in the World.
As this is a security role we're required by law to ask a number of screening questions. You'll only have to do this once to be eligible to apply for G4S and our wide range of security roles so we've made this as quick as possible.
Jobs that might be of interest: