Security Account Manager Jersey City, New Jersey Competitive
Security Account ManagerLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 31 Jul 2020 | Closes: 31 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/195385
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Account Manager. The Account Manager observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. This position manages security services and related operations delivered to an assigned client location(s), including customer service, problem resolution, service enhancement, operational effectiveness, preparation of post orders, staffing, scheduling, supervision, and training. The Account Manager does not perform Security Officer duties, except on a limited, relief or emergency basis. This position makes frequent tours of the site and all security posts, checking for compliance with all Security policies and procedures. Additionally, the Account Manager preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Serves as local point of client contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with local client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders
- Participates on regular teleconference calls with other Equinix Security Managers and Supervisors to ensure local security services are in compliance with National Standards. Provides feedback, comments, suggestions and support in helping to advance National Account initiatives to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Oversees the preparation and coordination of staff schedules for account, in collaboration with line management as necessary; acts to ensure that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to verify post orders and client directives have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part the evaluation of security staff.
- Coordinates support from local branch management, maintains and submits payroll records and other associate and business information., participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Acts to ensure compliance with legally mandated, contractual, and company mandated training requirements; documents training as required; develop training schedules in conjunction with management; coordinating training activities so as not to conflict with client service schedules. Organizes training for CPR/First Aid and fire extinguisher, testing. Maintains records and prepares reports to evaluate performance of training activities, and to monitor progress of trainees.
- Oversees work performance of all site security personnel to ensure company policies/procedures, including Equinix Security Operations Procedures (SOP) are being followed. Prepare reports for Equinix customer/client audits. Plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate security services to ensure consistent coverage and customer satisfaction. Coaches and disciplines personnel. Meets personally with employees and documents coaching and disciplinary activities.
- Within scope of client contract and assigned duties, authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; acts to ensure there is an adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- All other duties as prescribed by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts
- Must possess a current and valid New Jersey Permit to Carry a weapon
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a New Jersey Security Officer Registration Act (SORA) License
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Work history must include demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- Security operations and procedures
- Supervisory practices and procedures
- Staff supervision, including assigning work and providing training and discipline
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing skills
- Be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: