Secure Driver - Dayshift Glasgow £11.31 raising to £11.61 after probation, then rising to £11.91 after 12 months service.
Secure Driver - DayshiftLocation: Glasgow | Salary: £11.31 raising to £11.61 after probation, then rising to £11.91 after 12 months service. | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 | Closes: 10 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6608
We currently have a number of opportunities for Secure Drivers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Secure Driver, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be operating a vehicle to securely deliver and collect cash to and from our customer premises. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Delivering cash and valuables securely is an operation that demands dedication, teamwork and military precision. You’ll need to be able to follow set procedures, assess risk, deal sensitively with customers, lift some heavy loads and keep your wits about you constantly.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deliver and collect cash/ coin accurately to and from customer sites, within a specified Time Window.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the trip sheet.
- Maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour.
- Present a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the equipment provided.
- Always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects.
- Carry out procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
- Checking consignments and ensuring accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and other secure areas.
- Always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
- Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, staff and vehicle is maintained at all times.
- Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
- Ensure the integrity of audit trails.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Driver?
- You will need to hold a valid driver’s licence and preferably a C1 licence (allowing you to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes), however a C1 licence is not essential
- You will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and childcare voucher scheme.
Jobs that might be of interest: