Section Manager Aberdeen £32,565
Section ManagerLocation: Aberdeen | Salary: £32,565 | Posted: 22 Jun 2022 | Closes: 31 Oct 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7504
plus excellent benefits including paid overtime, 25 days’ paid holiday, sickness pay, pension and life assurance schemes and full training
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a Section Manager in Aberdeen and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential, cash transportation service to the local community. And you will also earn a great salary and excellent benefits.
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a Section Manager in our cash transportation team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved. Continually contributing to the monitoring and improvement of Branch profitability and security
To successfully achieve this, you’ll brief colleagues on operational and company matters at least once a month, and ensure that regular 1:1 and Training Reviews are completed. You’ll also maintain day-to-day contact (i.e. face-to-face or telephone) with customers and staff, and provide operational weekend cover as per the Duty Roster, as well as operational cover in other areas as and when required. You’ll also need to:
- Be available to provide cover out of hours and on weekends where required and carry out other duties as directed by your Line Manager, within your level of competence.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained for their job and that all progress interviews and TDRs are completed as necessary.
- Manage the completion of accident forms and ensure that Absence Management processes are implemented, including dealing with TU Representative on day-to-day issues.
- Ensure customer briefings and site surveys are completed as necessary and advise customers and Customer Support of late running trip
The Ideal Candidate:
To succeed as a Section Manager you will need to be confident when communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English. An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important, and you will be adept following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines. We ideally seek candidates who are highly motivated, self-starters with strong people management skills and good IT ability. You must be:
- Analytical, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible in your approach to hours of working
- Capable of working independently but also as part of a wider team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have good knowledge of the Logistics or Transport industry and hold a CPC
- Possess a good working understanding of the ATM/Cash in Transit Operation.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Part time
Apply now Security Officer - Part time
Apply now Delivery Driver (Part Time)
Apply now Delivery Driver (Full Time)
Apply now Warehouse Operative - Vaults (Part-Time)