Section Manager Southampton £31,159
Section ManagerLocation: Southampton | Salary: £31,159 | Posted: 20 May 2022 | Closes: 29 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7380
Bonus (up to 15% of salary), Pension, Life Assurance benefit, Employee Assistance, 5 Weeks Holiday (with the option to purchase an additional week)
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a Section Manager in Southampton and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential, cash transportation service to the local community. All you need to have is strong people management skills and good customer service skills to prepare you for a great, long-term career with an industry leading company. And you will also earn a great salary and excellent benefits.
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a G4S Section Manager in our management team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved. To continually contribute to the monitoring and improvement of branch profitability and security, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures designed to ensure that our service remains superior, and that our customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Brief workforce on operational and company matters at least once a month. Ensure that regular 1:1 and Training Reviews are completed. Ensure day-to-day contact (i.e. face-to-face or telephone) with customers and staff.
- Provide operational weekend cover as per the Duty Roster.
- Provide operational cover in other areas as and when required.
- Be available to provide cover out of hours and on weekends where required
- Any other duties, as directed by Line Manager, within level of competence.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained for their job. Ensure all progress interviews and TDRs are completed as necessary. Ensure identified training needs (contingency/refresher) are satisfied.
- Manage the completion of accident forms. Ensure that Absence Management processes are implemented, i.e. return to Work Interviews, Deal with disciplinary matters up to and including First Warning Letters. Deals with TU Representative on day-to-day issues.
- Ensure customer briefings and site surveys are completed as necessary. Advise customers and Customer Support of late running trips. Manage staff to maintain the highest level of customer care.
- Maintain complaint procedure (ISO9002). Maintain service times within agreed contracted hours. Monitor service levels and take corrective action where necessary, including liaison with customers.
- Ensures all customer/machine keys are managed effectively. This includes a regular documented audit of all keys.
- Ensure that all specialist ATM SQS equipment is managed effectively to ensure all planned trips have required equipment.
- Contribute to completion of branch budget and targeted Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I.). Monitor performance and expenditure against budget and K.P.I. Seek continuous improvements to operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the VIPER system to the require standard ensuring all information is updated as and when required. Use VIPER to undertake re-planning and trip amendments, inform crews and relevant departments about changes.
- Ensure that all relevant legislative and Company procedures and standards (Health and Safety, Security, ISO9002, Personnel, Finance, Transport) are adhered to. Is aware of, and works within authority limits. Where necessary will make regular checks on Branch, vehicles and customers premises to maintain standards. Initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate rostering of crews which allows all resources to be managed cost effectively. Ensure crews hours linking into Autopay are accurate and authorised at the end of each working duty.
- Ensure that all operational crews are debriefed daily. All missed services to be investigated and reported accurately. All other trip issues to be recorded, investigated and actioned where appropriate. Ensures CSF11 procedure is completed in full including reference information
- Check that Branch vehicle equipment and personal security are maintained. To include, daily check of perimeter fence, gates, shutters and locker box checks.
- Strong people management skills
- Good IT skills
- Self-starter / Highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to hours of working
- Can work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good knowledge of the Logistics or Transport industry
- Has a good working understanding of the ATM/Cash In Transit Operation
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.