Section Manager Bradford £29,652
Section ManagerLocation: Bradford | Salary: £29,652 | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 9 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6258
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK.
This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
To manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved. To continually contribute to the monitoring and improvement of Branch profitability and security.
- Brief workforce on operational and company matters at least once a month. Ensure that regular 1:1 and Training Reviews are completed. Ensure day-to-day contact (i.e. face-to-face or telephone) with customers and staff.
- Provide operational weekend cover as per the Duty Roster.
- Provide operational cover in other areas as and when required.
- Any other duties, as directed by Line Manager, within level of competence.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained for their job. Ensure all progress interviews and TDRs are completed as necessary. Ensure identified training needs (contingency/refresher) are satisfied.
- Manage the completion of accident forms. Ensure that Absence Management processes are implemented, i.e. return to Work Interviews, Deal with disciplinary matters up to and including First Warning Letters. Deals with TU Representative on day-to-day issues.
- Ensure customer briefings and site surveys are completed as necessary. Advise customers and Customer Support of late running trips. Manage staff to maintain the highest level of customer care.
- Maintain complaint procedure (ISO9002). Maintain service times within agreed contracted hours. Monitor service levels and take corrective action where necessary, including liaison with customers.
- Ensures all customer/machine keys are managed effectively. This includes a regular documented audit of all keys.
- Ensure that all specialist ATM SQS equipment is managed effectively to ensure all planned trips have required equipment.
- Contribute to completion of branch budget and targeted Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I.). Monitor performance and expenditure against budget and K.P.I. Seek continuous improvements to operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the VIPER system to the require standard ensuring all information is updated as and when required. Use VIPER to undertake re-planning and trip amendments, inform crews and relevant departments about changes.
- Ensure that all relevant legislative and Company procedures and standards (Health and Safety, Security, ISO9002, Personnel, Finance, Transport) are adhered to. Is aware of, and works within authority limits. Where necessary will make regular checks on Branch, vehicles and customers premises to maintain standards. Initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate rostering of crews which allows all resources to be managed cost effectively. Ensure crews hours linking into Autopay are accurate and authorised at the end of each working duty.
- Ensure that all operational crews are debriefed daily. All missed services to be investigated and reported accurately. All other trip issues to be recorded, investigated and actioned where appropriate. Ensures CSF11 procedure is completed in full including reference information
- Check that Branch vehicle equipment and personal security are maintained. To include, daily check of perimeter fence, gates, shutters and locker box checks.
- Carry out unseen inspections as required.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong people management skills
- Good IT skills
- Self starter / Highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to hours of working
- Can work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Educated to degree level or eqv
- Good understanding of the Logistics or Transport industry
- Has a good working understanding of the ATM/Cash In Transit Operation
Jobs that might be of interest:Team Leader
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Apply now Team Leader
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Apply now Mobile Supervisor
Apply now National Fleet Operations Manager
Apply now Operations Manager - Nine Elms
Location: SW8 4UG