Section Manager / Weighmaster Park Royal, London £36,000
Section Manager / WeighmasterLocation: Park Royal, London | Salary: £36,000 | Posted: 2 Jan 2020 | Closes: 29 Feb 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6574
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Reporting to the Vault Manager PM/CIT, you will be responsible for managing and processing all inbound, outbound and stock management transactions and movements of precious metals in line with contractual Service Level Agreements and specified vault processes. As part of the Vault Management team you will assist to ensure best use of labour across the business for effective operations. You will also ensure all Precious Metals compliance audits and stock procedures meet the business and customer requirements, and auditable records in place. In conjunction with the day to day vault operation and through a state of the art vault management system, you will be responsible for the preparation, conduct and supervision of G4S, client and customer stock audits. You will be expected to drive and maintain the highest standards of operational effectiveness and efficiency throughout vault operations. In addition you should proactively highlight and escalate precious metals management issues / discrepancies. You may also be required to assist in the CIT vault operations as business needs dictate.
- The operation and use of a Vault Management System together with specialist precious metals equipment
- Use of computer-based systems to track, trace and manage precious metals movements throughout the vault and those of your team
- The operation of a precious metals inbound and outbound dock
- The understanding and application of KPIs to monitor individual and operational performance and support decision making
- The willingness to be trained in LBMA / LPPM / LPMCL codes of practice and work in accordance with these
- Planning and implementing the conduct of receipting, weighing and stowing of precious metals including their physical movement in and around the vault
- Planning for and implementing the conduct of picking, packing and shipping of precious metals including their physical movement in and around the vault
- Driving the highest standards of performance across the vault team, including regular reviews of individuals’ performance
- The allocation of resources to meet the planned schedule of inbound and outbound precious metals operations.
- Ensure full compliance to all health & safety and risk management standards and requirements
- Encouraging vault shift team members to identify performance improvement measures and best practice opportunities where appropriate
- Use of powered and manual mechanical handling equipment to move precious metals
- Working in a safe, secure and compliant manner
- Delivering and sustaining a 5S working environment.
- Ensure compliance to latest industry standards
- Understanding the needs of the customer in this niche sector and the relevance and importance of vault processes and procedures in delivering customer satisfaction
- Monitoring and delivering full compliance to contracted Service Levels Agreements
- Maintenance of accurate precious metals movement records
- The management of the receipt and shipment of precious metals by hand into and out of the vault in both palletised and individual loads
- The conduct of stock management, reconciliation and stock consolidation
- Manage Secure area staff
- Always working with professionalism, honesty and integrity, maintaining confidentiality and demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Treating people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency
- Compliance to all company security procedures / compliance
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly motivated leader, with proven people management and performance management experience within a challenging and demanding role
- An eye for detail, proven problem solving skills and evidence of working within a compliant/secure environment
- First class communication and inter-personal skills enabling you to operate effectively and professionally with colleagues, shipping contractors and customers
- Drive and enthusiasm to deliver innovation in a process driven environment
- Strong numeracy and literacy, in order to maintain accurate movement records
- Good IT skills and a willingness to learn new systems / packages
- Flexibility to lead and work in a multi-skilled environment
- A ‘can-do’ approach and an ability to work as part of a team
- The willingness to learn more about the precious metal market to enhance knowledge
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 5 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
Jobs that might be of interest:Senior Vault Officer - Park Royal
Location: Park Royal
Apply now Secure Driver Harlow
Apply now Secure Driver - Park Royal
Location: Park Royal
Apply now Night Branch Security Officer - Basingstoke
Apply now Coin Operative - PT - Maidstone