Section Manager - Transport Liverpool Up to £35000
Section Manager - TransportLocation: Liverpool | Salary: Up to £35000 | Posted: 25 Jul 2019 | Closes: 31 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6369
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
To ensure compliance to Operator’s License and associated Transport Legislation (vehicles and staff) and Company procedures in respect of all transport issues at branch level. Additionally, to help drive efficiencies within the Branch in managing the vehicle resource including asset availability, cost control and supporting Branch initiatives in the Transport area.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivering the right solutions in vehicle maintenance to meet branch needs now and in the future.
- Conduct regular training briefings and update quality alerts
- Undertake regular management briefings to maintain Branch compliance.
- To work with branch team to drive improvement in suppliers, vehicle turnaround times and asset availability to operations
- Where necessary, make regular checks on branch, vehicles and supplier premises to maintain standards and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Driving for continuous improvement, setting and delivering high standards for yourself and others, including internal & external suppliers
- Continuously strive to achieve above 95% vehicle availability, including planned maintenance, by developing effective solutions alongside suppliers and branches
- Briefs workforce on Operational and Company matters.
- Continually seeks methods and means of reducing vehicle costs year on year as a % of turnover
- To maintain a close working relationship with maintenance providers and branch teams to ensure defects are repaired in a timely manner and vehicle are maintained in a safe, fit and serviceable condition.
- Manage and monitor the departmental budget, ensuring tight cost control, reporting on variances and implementing appropriate recovery actions, where necessary.
- Manages resources to ensure vehicle supply and demand equal across each day
- Identifies and shares best practice within the region and drives change on Branch
- Maintains up to date legislative changes briefing managers and staff accordingly
- To ensure strict compliance with all aspects of Operator’s licensing, including Drivers Hours, Working Time Directive and Vehicle Maintenance.
- Work with the Ops Manager / Branch General Manager to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and manage change where necessary. Monitor and report failings and as requested, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Company Health & Safety policy, conducting risk assessments and recommending improvements where necessary. Ensure adherence to the Company’s Operational Standards (ISO 9002) and Security Procedures.
- Assist Branch Management in undertaking TDR’s to identify training needs for Operational Staff
- To share knowledge with the Branch Management Team and act as champion of Transport Compliance within the branch
- Analyse, non-compliance and recommend training for departmental staff and monitor its effectiveness in the workplace
- Carry out coaching and training of drivers and crew in Drivers Hours and Working Time Regulations and compliance.
- Undertakes regular unofficial audits ensuring that no areas of non-compliance are left without appropriate mitigation steps
- Ensure that all relevant legislative and Company procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Coach and help manage individuals to get the best out of each ensuring that all Company ‘risk’ is mitigated and minimised where applicable
- To act in strict accordance with legislative requirements and safeguard the Company Operators license
- Willing to learn new skills and work as part of a team, needs to be flexible.
- Able to work unsupervised at key times and ensure all timescales are met.
- Allocate time efficiently and fairly across to achieve best results
- Share knowledge and best practice from across whole business and develop improvement plans locally
- Liaise with internal customers and other Company managers and staff concerning day to day operational activities of the Branch, optimising vehicle availability and utilisation.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Flexible in approach.
- Assertive & influencing
- Flexibility & mobility
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Takes ownership of issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good financial acumen
- A strong motivator and negotiator
- At least 5 years experience in transport operations
- Excellent knowledge of Transport legislation
- A national Road Haulage CPC holder
- Experience of fleet maintenance/engineering contracts
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Manager
Apply now Area Operations Controller
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Apply now Controller
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Controller
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Dumbarton, United Kingdom