Section Manager Rotherham Rotherham South Yorkshire £29,652
Section Manager RotherhamLocation: Rotherham South Yorkshire | Salary: £29,652 | Posted: 1 Feb 2019 | Closes: 15 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
As our professional and forward thinking Section Manager you’ll have ample opportunity to manage staff and maintain the highest level of customer care. You will take on a role critical to our business, staff, customers, assets and reputation.
G4S Cash Solutions is the UK’s leading provider of integrated cash handling services, transporting, storing and processing cash for a wide range of customers. To meet the challenges ahead, it’s essential that we’re supported by people who share our values – including our commitment to delivering the right solution through our expertise. That’s where you come in.
- Reporting to Operations or Branch Manager you will:
- Manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved
- Ensure that Absence Management processes are implemented, i.e. return to Work Interviews, deal with disciplinary matters up to and including First Warning Letters. Deals with TU Representative on day-to-day issues.
- Ensure customer briefings and site surveys are completed as necessary. Advise customers and Customer Support of late running trips
- Ensure that regular 1:1 and Training Reviews are completed. Ensure day-to-day contact (i.e. face-to-face or telephone) with customers and staff. reviews and appropriate training and inductions – encouraging employees to learn and develop.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained for their job and satisfy training needs where applicable
- Provide operational weekend cover as per the Duty Roster, or other areas where required
- Monitor SLA’s and maintain service times
- Contribute to completion of branch budget and targeted Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I.). Monitor performance and expenditure against budget and K.P.I. Seek continuous improvements to operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all relevant legislative and Company procedures and standards (Health and Safety, Security, ISO9002, Personnel, Finance, Transport) are adhered to.
- Make regular checks on Branch, vehicles and customers premises to maintain standards.
- Ensure that all operational crews are debriefed daily and services reported
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong people management skills
- Good IT skills
- Self starter / Highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to hours of working
- Can work independently but also as part of a wider team
- Educated to degree level or eqv
- CPC Qualification
- Good understanding of the Logistics or Transport industry
- Has a good working understanding of the ATM/Cash In Transit Operation
Jobs that might be of interest:Contract Administrator
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Apply now Security Manager
Location: Home based
Apply now Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland